Ive finally settled on this is one great blend! Smokes slow and cool. Bought this and smoked it right away from the tin. I guess this, is in part, due to solid balance with the orientals and burley. You either love Latakia or you seldom partake in it. If you like Latakia, try this anyway as it is exceptionally wondeful example of the fact that a predominantly Latakia blend can be heavenly. I get wood smoke, earth, leather, & savory meaty bbq notes from the latakia, which is quite robust, but also well supported by a good bit of floral sweetness & nice incensey notes. I can taste it from time to time, not in a nutty burley taste but more of a vegetative way. Loading was easy since this crumbled in to small pieces. Not an overwhelming nicotine bite either, which I like since I smoke nothing outside of pipes and have a low tolerance for nicotine. If any ever wondered what Dunhill's My Mixture #10 was like, this is it sans cavendished Virginias. This is primo condemental that is extremely smooth and creamy with smoke so thick you can eat it. Could replace G.L. . Surely only a real lover of Latakia! Not nearly as overpowering as some say. The Latakia is pretty much is the main driver, and the orientals do give some tea like qualities. For anybody who hasn't tried combining a strong Latakia blend with a nice raw carrot, I highly recommend. The crumble kake really helps the flavor profile and to keep the moisture higher so it doesn't dry out. The overall effect is very good, similar to and in my opinion better than Mississippi River. If you are not a latakia lover than this blend is not for you, if you are this blend will float on cloud nine. But even then? It is quality stuff for sure, just not to my liking. Surprisingly sweet, yes, but also flat. Makes a great change of pace for someone looking for something to enjoy while doing something else. This is top of the notch latakia. I separated it and have smoked at at different ages over the last two years and can honestly say it has only ever gotten better. Just beaucoup latakia from beginning to end. The cake breaks up easiest by hand, first breaking off large chunks of the whole then smaller chunks then rubbing those out into smokable bits. seriously, if you even think you like Latakia, try this. De vitamina N va justita, no me resulta para nada agresiva en ese aspecto. I didn't find this blend to change much in the bowl. I like to pack it a bit more moist than usual as I find that releases more of the flavor. This simply tasted of salt an d campfire. Yes, this is Black Frigate without the rum; sans the liquor the flavor is more resonant & articulated. It burns very cool & absolutely refuses to bite. Great job C&D! It?s one-dimensional, but you don?t smoke Pirate Kake for complexity, you smoke it for a major infusion of Latakia. I'm a big fan of C & D. I think they make some excellent blends and this is one of them. Pressed plug, quite compressed, so I'm not sure I'd call it a kake, but still not as dense and fine as a traditional English plug. It seems to mellow the Latakia a bit, taking the edge off slightly and making it a little creamier. Without question, the different sized chunks of tobacco, with different blends of leaf, is at the root of the many different sub-flavors that manifest during the bowl. I have to admit I sort of got into the spirit of this blend and my apologies for what follows. The blend smokes really smooth. I'm NOT a latakia smoker. the 75% latakia will stomp you; like being taken prisoner by blackbeard himself. But if you love the rich, black leaf you'll be jolly at the sight, smell and taste o' this kake! Mid-Bowl: The other leaves add their support and give this blend nice body. I could not cut this with my fairly substantial pocketknife, only whittle on it, just like a hunk of decking. It was better when I broke up the beautifully blended cake and dried it overnight. Those three bowls were quite enjoyable. Burley provides body, added smoothness and aids in the creamy mouth-feel. So like the typical guy I started with aromatics and over the past year I've tried tons of different types of blends finding myself settling into VApers and Balkan blends. Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake Premium Pipe Tobacco. Puff too fast and you'll think the plank is a runwayGreat Stuff. The Latakia is delicious, thick, and creamy. At first i was intimadted. But, its also just fun. Smokey Latakia seasoned with just enough nutty Burley and spicy/woody Izmir to combust and taste good. Individual reviews are the opinion(s) of the contributor and do not reflect the opinion(s) Not a life altering smoke for me, but one I will always keep on hand for those cool fall/winter evenings when I crave a bit warmer/darker smoking experience. So many of me maties have given a good review - I'll squander no more of yer time. Pirate Kake, on the other hand, it pure Cyprian smokiness without the coolness. Everytime I try this tobacco, it's a new experience. I don't get any depth or complexity, just a basic smokiness. Sounds weird maybe, but it is a sublime experience for the latakia lover. I thought that such a high volume of Latakia would overpower the blend but not so. Alla fine un Ottimo prodotto, se si sa cosa si compra. I just finished a sample of this that I have had for a while even though it was a pretty small sample. Is what this blend is all about. This stuff is just a sweet, smokey, Latakia and makes no pretense about it. I confess, any bite, which I have gotten, may come from a propensity, on my part, to "puff" this tobacco due to how much I enjoy it. Maybe not an all day smoke but a great choice if youre searching for a characterful, spicy but not too strong mixture. This is a premium smoking tobacco that i highly recommend. I realized I needed to take this sample and let it sit overnight with a damp towel over a bowl. Even at the full price it seems reasonable, so I will probably be buying more when I run out. Put down the 1-Q, step out of the candy aisle of the tobacco world, and enjoy a truly flavorful tobacco. OE was suppose to cut the heavy Latakia of PK , but one thing it does is bring the Burley slightly into play, that I don't like. I haven't been able to appreciate any other latakias after smoking a few bowls of this. My Boy Scout knife was recently located but I really didn't need it. The burley is noticeable not so much for the taste but more so the nicotine hit that it helps provide. I knew I would like this blend based on your reviews. Continuando il fumo pieno, cremoso ma sempre e decisamente monocromatico, un solo tabacco prevale su tutti: il Latakia. Adding to cart The item has been added. This is also the most dense cake Ive come across. This leaves my mouth feeling bitten for a day or two afterwards. Nice and flavorful smoke! I reccomend this to someone looking for the strongest possible dose of latakia. Rather than overwhelm you it works really well. 2oz Tin. Great for an everyday smoke if you like latakia. I like latakia but this blend goes above and beyond. If you are completely enamored with Latakia, you cannot go wrong with Pirate Kake. Neptune's trousers! I don't even jar this stuff, just keep it in the container. Purchased From: smokingpipes.com 4noggins.com. This blend does it excellently! This stuff is, well, out of line. In the past, I wasn't much of a Balkan/Latakia smoker, but this blend convinced me that I ha d been missing a lot. It is incredibly complex considering the fact that this stuff is the equivalent of putting a freight train in your pipe. I expected this blend to be nothing more than a Latakia-bomb; 75% Latakia made it a good bet that would be accurate I thought. I found several blend that match my taste bud, but i keep going back to PK when i craving latakia. Woody sweet, unlike the charisma tic strong and musty sweetness of Cyprian. $10.99 Save 2% +-Add. This is what this blend is supposed to do so I knew going in I would experience this. Cornel & Diehl Pirate Kake Tin Pipe Tobacco. This is a superb blend of all those who experienced latakian mixtures. A Latakia lovers stand by for me. Once again C&D is probably my favourite Tobacco company as the blends are spot on and the quality of tobaccos they use seem to be carefully selected and properly kept as far as humidity before blending. I love the fact that it's such a wonderful smoke This is Ambrosia for the Latakia lovers of the world. A lot has already been said about it and everything that was said in favor of it is true. I tend to prefer it more in a condimental sense. This tobacco is one of my favourites. I fall in between. I just pull it apart, load and light. It is sort of goldilocks for me right out of the tin in terms of dry time. Opening the tin, I receive a lovely aroma of Latakia and that's about it and it is plenty. C&D Pirate Kake was among them. L, , My #1 favorite that titillates my taste buds. For the Latakia lover who doesn?t care about anything else in the blend, this is probably the blend to get. Similar Blends: Smoking straight Latakia. This blend is one for the manly men and only to be enjoyed amongst other Latakia lovers. All rights reserved. Weird but true, and thats exactly where this blend is. Cake breaks up very eas ily. It's the taste of darkness. Interested in this product? Smoking a latakia blend we all know has that cherished, non mistakable fragrace in the air. Its one of the best, Very robust and authentic tobacco english..strong..wow. To me, this one just isn't balanced, and therefore i won't be buying more. Therephore,it will compose mixtures simillar to "your own English type" Also,is a tobacco of the type that i like: is not strong in nicotine, bu strong il flavour, scent and taste. Once lit, I find it stays that way with light attention to my sipping draw. Historic volume and value sizes, company and brand market shares. It was very smoky yet smooth (smelled a bit like a camp fire). I love Latakia. But this one is just waaaaayyy to much Latakia for me. The aftertaste is also delightful as the smoke and peat keep going after the pipe is done. Also, clean the pipe after each use, as this stuff will lead a silty residue. . The strength like the body falls short of medium. And this is the blend. Very pretty to look at, and I enjoyed carving the "big brownie" into "little brownies" with an Alaskan chopping bowl blade. (In appraising Arangos Balkan Supreme for the first time, I remember thinking: Jeez, if this is a Lat-Bomb, then I must love me some Lat-Bomb blends). The present tin information report: A smooth, robust blend with LOTS (75%) of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. The Tobacco in Bulgaria report includes: Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends. Couldn't smoke it all day or even on a dialy basis but certainly go for the occasional or more than ocassional latakia blast that one is looking for. For me similar to Seattle P ipe Club Plum Pudding Special Reserve without the tanginess. This stuff is amazing! As you progress, the burley makes its presence felt with a note that reminds of baking bread and rounds the harsh edges of the licorice-like (in looks and taste) black weed. Simply THE Best!!! Flavor wise, it's not as strong as one might expect and I'd say the nic level is medium. Ok folks, this is what it is. Needless to say this is something that I now smoke daily and I encourage you to as well. I will cellar the rest of this heavy tobacco until I am ready for it at a later date. Where to Buy an ?Arrrrrggggh!? like alot of C and D it's pretty dry . Works well. :). At which point, even I had to admit that this was as intense flavor-wise as anything I had ever smoked. I found it to be an excellent blend. I intend to smoke half of my stockpile fresh, but I'm also looking forward to how PK will taste with a little age, and the Latakia softened a little. Not that I wouldn't take one, but nothing will influence what I smoke or how much I like it. I'm upping this to 4 stars and it's made it into my favourites as well. Go figure. Well, no. I purchased this because I wanted to experience what a Latakia "bomb" is. Deep flavor but not over powering. UPDATE 11-18-2009: I'm afraid I must contradict my own recent review of Pirate Kake. I smoked a tin then I bought a pound. Cornell and Diehl's Pirate Kake is the last of the bulk samples from my recent half tinned and half bulk thin down purchase and I saved it for last. A surprisingly delicate and spicy tobacco, which plays in the upper league of Latakia blends, together with Ten Russians and Da Vinci (all manufactured by Cornell & Diehl). Is it showing me a possible bitter ending and a more propitious way? As others have mentioned, Pirate Kake would probably blend very well with FVF, or other sweet, full bodied, predominately English or Virginia blends. It lites well and stays lit right down to the end of the bowl. 2 thumbs up on this. A Latakia lover's treasure. My 6 year old piece had a nice oily sheen to the eye and a few spots of plume. Lights easy & stays lit, great smokey flavor to the bottom of the bowl, for me this is top notch tobacco, but as I stated it is very rich in Latakia which puts some people off. Since it is a lat bomb, obviously Latakia is the star player here and pretty much what you are going to get. If you dont find any pure Latakia in the market you can easily buy this one and make your own mixtures. By: Robert m. Product: Captain Earle's Private Stock 2oz . Penzance is good but it has no taste next to this. I recommend this blend without any reservation. If I were stuck on an island and given the choice of only one tobacco, Pirate Kake (PK) would be my choice, except Id prefer the 8oz can, which I just added to my wish list. Pipe Used: Icarus Stubby Apple, Self-Made Magnum Cherrywood. I like this so much! This is a good tobacco. The age has definitely blended the strong latakia toget her into the others. Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.. I've just ordered a bunch online and my point is, that like peaty scotch, this is an acquired taste. If you like latakia then consider this recommended, at least to try, it's an experience. Goes well with my one Halloween costume, which is a pirate, you should know that. I revisited me old block of Pirate Kake about a week ago, and found it had dried quite a bit more than I wanted it to. I pack it somewhat loosly and it lights easily and burns nicely. If you enjoy latakia forward blends that bring hints of incense, I do highly recommend this one. Pirate Kake has got you covered. Captain James Earle first took to sea . The burley made it even better. This is exactly what I look for in a latakia blend. The cake / brownie is easily dismantled into crumbs that are easily loaded into the pipe. I am relatively new to pipe smoking. Easy peasy Mister Pirate. If you are not a fan of a lot of Latakia, take a pass. Non una EM un Latakia tenuto sotto controllo dai due altri componenti. The Latakia is good and the other tobaccos play well with it. BUT almost no nicotine. So its not the sweet latakia you find in various blends, this one actually is smoky. I really enjoy Latakia, dont get me wrong, but holy cow this was a bit strong for my taste. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. It was my first experience with tobacco in this form as well. This is actually a very well rounded blend. WOW, smooth and smokie (mild no heat just rich flavor). That said though, I quite like it! It's complex because latakia in itself is complex, and you can taste this fine leaf without any bitterness from less than premium leaf or obstruction from too many other flavors. The result is a kind of monochromatic, but what a great color! 2oz Tin. I got a one ounce sample, and loved the look of it: brownie-like cake (ok, a brownie left out in the sun!) Preparation isn't to difficult although it is kind of tough to rub out for a "krumble kake". How much latakia is too much? this is a once-in-a-while-I-have-been-drinking-Jack Daniels-kinda of smoke.So when you feeling ten feet tall and bullet proof or you are at odds with the mrs. or uyou are at the nearest biker bar, pack a good size bowl and light up the cannons. Theyre just a better smoke. A few friends and I recently tried this blend. Leaves Penzance (also 5 stars) a mile behind. Not drowning out the others but definitely the Captain of this outfit. I might relight this as many as 5 times in the course of a medium sized bowl. Just wanted to share as this is my first latakia experiance. The dark and light leaf are easily distinguishable by sight. Less sweet, more nutty, camp fire smokiness. Dont get me wrong, its certainly a lat bomb, and smokiness abounds, but its a soft, smooth, mild creamy smoke with a cedar like incense quality. Choose Options. This is the kind of smoke you'd like after eating a big steak. The room note is very strong. Leaves more than average moisture and requires a few relights and smokes at a less than medium burn rate. This is the most delicious of all the latakia. At first light the Latakia wafts by the nose and oh boy,try this if you need a Latakia drip tube. The rave reviews by you my brethren afficianados. Since in bulk I broke it into three big pieces and put it in a mason jar. If I were making an algorithm, I'd be able to tease out who is being pumped by some reviewers vs those doing it for love of hobby. All these come to mind when smoking the kake. I still don't see this as an all day smoke , but I will buy again. The little black clump of tobacco you get in the tin is relatively easy to work with, but that's small redemption for the Latakia overload that follows a crumble, a load, and a light. Tin note is sour and latakia, tin date is 102617. All she said was ?that smells kinda strong.? It's still a strong smoke, it's just got a fairly mild flavor. I wanted to test it to make sure so I left the den for a few minutes to get a drink and came back to rolling smoke and a room that had a pleasant rich and smoky smell that was strong like there had been a pillaging and plundering and burning raid in the room.. there were even bodies laying there in the smoke.. oh wait those are passed out collies taking a nap.
Katherine Power Net Worth, Condor Airlines Annual Report, Fivem Weapon Spawn Names, Clothing Aesthetic Quiz 2021, Sanchez Last Name Origin, Articles P