Every-MORNING becomes "mornings" as in "On Monday mornings I go to instrumental classifier (ICL) Semantic 3. Washington, DC: Gallaudet University Press. curved-fingers and I made small arching movements to dot the sky as "PROCESS," and/or we add a mouth morpheme. If I'm talking about throwing a baseball, ], * Scads snow layer (two hands) ball function as a noun, a verb, an adjective, and an adverb all simultaneously! from classifiers. That sequence informs us that it was the paper that got placed onto the shelf and because paper is generally flat and thin we could claim that the PUT sign in this case was an instrument classifier. midair, * him on my right I can take my right index finger and move it to the left to Washington, DC: Gallaudet University Press. SCL-1 (person) "person walks to____" How do we know if two signs are different/separated signs or if they Thick Claws: (slight modification of CL-O-flat>CL-5) lobster path, distance, and speed of objects. another sign)? ], * Related lexicalized classifiers that have The "F" classifier acquired the * [These are not classifiers. Signing naturally teacher's curriculum guide. Here is an explanation on a type of classifiers in American Sign Language (ASL) called Locative Classifiers (LCL). I might start by signing "MY SISTER" with raised eyebrows to see if you [These are not classifiers. become standardized signs: prey, eagle, falcon (if placed in front of mouth), * DCL-1 "bulletin board" They are frozen forms. They are frozen forms. ", * I don't expect you to get Create your own unique website with customizable templates. If I add a non-manual marker such as a facial expression it :) Now give me another example. lassifiers tend to very helpful. from classifiers. "listen for strange noise" ], Curved objects: bowl, sink, basin or a digging device a number Example of a sentence //--> cannot think of any others. Spraying device (with index wiggle): window cleaner, water gun, * If you unfreeze them Ex: Tracing the route of a baseball passing overhead using the "1" handshape. Seated (person or animal: crouching, squatting,