My biggest gripe is that it was injected with so much of the author's random opining (stuff like [though this is paraphrased]: "she must not have been thinking about her children as she dragged his corpse "). }); After Severance's body was discovered, Davidson was arrested and taken into custody and charged with first-degree murder and two counts of tampering with evidence. Tranquilized By Love delves into Michael Severances brutal slaying and how a lengthy investigation led the authorities to his wife, Wendi Mae Davidson. Michael Severances body was foundat the bottom of pond weighted downwithcar parts, tires, and cinder blocks. Following the police interview, Davidson called her brother Marshall Davidson, who was a game warden at the time, and told him that she had found Severance dead in the living room and that she dumped his body in a pond on the Four Sevens Ranch, but she swore she hadn't killed him. Read More: Chris Ingraham Murder: Where is Katrina Bridges Now? }); More than 15 years after he was given animal tranquilizers and stabbed 41 times by his wife, the motive behind the gruesome murder of Texas Air Force Sergeant Michael Severance remains a mystery. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ Wendi Davidson was found strangled in the basement of her North Andover Apartment last week, officials said. That evening,Davidsons brothercontacted the San Angelo Police Department. Plot summary She filed for divorce the very next day. She said she has not seen her kids since they were two and five-years-old. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ Wendi Mae Davidson pictured at Gatesville Correctional Facility in 2021. Nevertheless, the search for Michael Severance stretched for two months, and once he was considered AWOL, the Air Force Office of Special Investigations took over the case and started tracking Wendis car. is the true, shocking story of a war hero and a marriage that ended in cold-blooded murder. Never did. Davidson then tried to paint her husband as an alcoholic, ABC reports, however, there was never any evidence to suggest that Severance had a problem with drugs or alcohol. We had a little wedding reception-type thing planned for them. Yet, instead of calling the police, she panicked, carried Michael to the remote ranch, and stabbed him multiple times, hoping it would help the body drown. Like his father, he joined the Air Force and quickly rose through the ranks, becoming a crew chief on a C-130 military transport aircraft and attaining the rank ofstaffsergeant. ga('ads.send', { Wendi gave birth to her first child in October 2001. The Severance family was granted temporary guardianship of Shane at one point, while Tristan was given to Wendis parents once her legal troubles began, leading to a bitter and lengthy battle for the formers custody. While I firmly stand with the victim and the grief of his family in losing him, wouldn't we all love to know why this happened other than just "Wendi is evil". The 24-year-old met Wendi in 2003, and the couple quickly had a son together. "I did not kill him," Davidson told "20/20" in 2021, in her first network interview from prison. Scary to think those two innocent children are left behind to be raised by them. The OSI became involved because in addition to Michael Severance being a missing person, he also didnt show up for work in the Air Force, Texas Ranger Shawn Palmer toldSnapped. It made him AWOL and ultimately a deserter investigation for them.. Authorities learned there was significant tension betweenSeveranceand his mother-in-law, JudyDavidson, who worked as an office manager in her daughters veterinary practice. Davidson had a son from a previous relationship. I just want to know that I'm reading as fair an account of the case as possible, and there's no way I can assume that when the author is basically engaging in character assassination from the get-go. I don't know you just have to read it. Davidson is known as a San Angelo, Texas, native who was accused of murdering her husband in 2005. Additionally, I have written ten mystery novels including five in the Lucinda Pierce series from Severn House. During surveillance, they saw that she had been visiting a remote ranch called Four Sevens Ranch, about 20 miles outside of San Angelo. Then, Wendis search history on the computer at her clinic showed that she looked up decomposition of a body in water and polygraph tests. After the ruling on the tracker, Davidson took a plea deal and pleaded no contest to her husband's murder. However, sources mention that she soon called up her brother, a game warden, and revealed how she discovered her husband dead in the living room. What's next for abortion rights in America? She filed for divorce the very next day. Severance ran into Davidson in 2003 after he learned how to line-dance and two-step in a bid to meet women, and the pair hit it off immediately despite them seemingly being opposites as far as personalities were concerned. I mean I might have had crazy reasons in my head, but there's no excuse.". Wendi told police that Mike had been acting erraticallyvisiting local clubs, staying out late, sometimes not coming home at all. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Maine Man Vanished 4 Months After Wedding. Last year, she was denied an early release from prison after a seven-member Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles voted to deny her request for parole and cited the brutal nature of her crime. Since the OSI is an arm of the U.S. military, they operate under different constraints than local police and were able to get permission and approval to place a tracking device in Davidson's car. The chaotic night a woman stabbed her mother's best friend to death,Marc . Severancewas on leave at the time, however,and an official OSI inquiry couldnotbegin until he was due back on base. A break came in the case in February 2005. It does seem as though justice was not done.. Perhaps it is not too late for the two boys to have great lives. Michael Severance, missing. Halfway through, Chapters 25-56, there is almost no more writing, but instead typed, rambling, verbatim conversations and letters which I assume are public record. https://t.co/QF6pYZcsqt ABC News (@ABC) March 25, 2022 Shane is by all accounts a cryptic individual avoiding the spotlight. But alas, in January 2005, when he was around 3-years-old, and his younger brother Shane 5 months, they both lost him for good Michael went missing, only to be found dead in a pond in March. Former Texas veterinarian and mother of two Wendi Mae Davidson is currently serving 25 years in prison for murdering her husband in 2005. But I still didn't kill him," Davidson said. I worked as an Executive Director at non-profit organizations for more than a dozen years. Wendi had a habit of either choosing the wrong men or sabotaging. WHY? They married in September 2004 and settled into a life together in San Angelo, Texas, close to Wendi's veterinary clinic. By the age of twenty-four, Air Force Staff Sergeant Mike Severance had already survived a series of missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Despite what Davidson said, there was never any evidence to suggest that her husband had a problem with drugs or alcohol. ga('ads.send', { document.querySelector("#adunit").addEventListener('click',function(){ eventAction: 'click_ads' All Rights Reserved. However, he was also the victim of a brutal murder not too long after shifting base there. Davidson said that she moved Severance's body to the pond, stabbed the body and weighed it down with cinderblocks. Wendi Mae Davidson is serving 25 years for murdering her husband in 2005. His wife, veterinarian Wendi Mae Davidson said she had last seen Severance on January 15, 2005, claiming that he had been drinking due to possibly being deployed again. Diane Fanning's A Poisioned Passion is the true, shocking story of a war hero and a marriage that ended in cold-blooded murder. It just could have been presented in a more thoughtful and objective way. The killer had stabbed him after killing him. "These were post-mortem cuts to allow the release of gases that typically accumulate in decomposing bodies," said Tom Green County Justice of the Peace Eddie Howard at the time. Lesliethenreached out to the Air Force Office of SpecialInvestigations(OSI), which he likens to a mini-CIA. window.adsContainer = {"position2":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Above_Next_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position3":{"code":"Article_Mobile_300x250_ATF_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position4":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position5":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle1_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position6":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle2_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position7":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle3_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position8":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle4_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position9":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle5_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position10":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle6_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position11":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle7_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position12":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle8_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position13":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle9_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position14":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle10_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position15":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle11_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position16":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle12_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250}} Wanting to protect them, she moved the body to the pond. Their reasoning was that if Davidson was claiming Severance may be a deserter, then there would be a possibility she was helping him hide out. : The seemingly suspicious behavior was worth checking out, and the detectives questioned Wendi about the ranch. Wendi Mae Davidson was a typical Texan woman from a typical Texan town. She pleaded no contest to murder and two evidence tampering charges, and was sentenced to 25. They urged her to report him missing, and in an interview with the San Angelo Police Department, Davidsonclaimedshe last saw himthemorningof Jan. 15and thathe hadleft behind his car and cellphone. Please try again. }); OSI and the San Angelo Police Department had also searched the family's home and Davidson's veterinary clinic. They are fictional. Never will," but found no evidence tying her to his disappearance. NORTH ANDOVER On the two occasions that. Davidson said she does not think she is a "victim. As a result, she was sentenced to 25 years in prison and has been there ever since. Chris Ingraham Murder: Where is Katrina Bridges Now. An autopsy then revealed his blood contained lethal levels of drugs commonly found in veterinary clinics, which resulted in authorities charging Davidson with first-degree murder and two counts of tampering with evidence. "I did what I did, I think it was horrible, I think that I made a bad choice, there were better choices to be made. . When the authorities went to secure the ranch after the interview, they saw Wendi there trying to access the area before she was asked to leave. , Publisher So now, if you wish to know more about their then-toddler son, including how he was affected by the tragic ordeal and his current standing, weve got the details for you. Redemption links and eBooks cannot be resold. She all but confirmed she was behind his disappearance when, after the interview, she drove straight to the ranch. And, Ms Fanning, the polygamists are gone too, fyi. Sign up forOxygen Insiderfor all the best true crime content. } "He was all concerned about -- he didn't want to be deployed, because he was afraid that something bad was going to happen," Davidson told police in 2005. MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of While an initial search of the property found nothing, Davidson was interviewedagainto discuss her internet searches and theranch. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2b1453acc99e4a Now she said she is ready to tell her side of the story. It had also been stabbed forty-one times with a knife. Michael Severance was reported missing by his wife, Wendi Mae Davidson, in January 2005; law enforcement officers hoped for his safe return. I am the author of fourteen true crime books published by St. Martin's Press and Berkley Books including the Edgar Award nominated WRITTEN IN BLOOD and the best-selling MOMMY'S LITTLE GIRL. And this author--her recurring, imperiously arrogant attitude against the city of San Angelo, TX, saying occasionally a 'delightful people', she then interjects throughout the entire book West Texas is an obvious breeding ground for cowboys, creeps and loners--cloistered people who want power & control & restriction over others-- those who are hiding from government & corporate powers-- wanderers-- polygamists, serious criminals and murderers? She was sentenced to 25 years in prison. window.googletag.cmd.push(function() { Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Davidson initially told police that the last time she saw her husband was the day before he went missing. No one got away with murder here. Remembering George Floyd: A year of protest. By clicking on the above button, you agree to Amazon's, By clicking on above button, you agree to the, Broken Vows: The Shocking Murder of Rabbi Fred Neulander's Wife (St. Martin's True Crime Library), Twisted: The Secret Desires and Bizarre Double Life of Dr. Richard Sharpe (St. Martin's True Crime Library), Blood Will Tell: A Shocking True Story of Marriage, Murder, and Fatal Family Secrets (St. Martin's True Crime Library), Sleep My Little Dead: The True Story of the Zodiac Killer (St. Martin's true crime library), Angels of Death: A True Story of Murder and Innocence Lost (St. Martin's True Crime Library), Over the Edge: A True Story of Marriage, Money and a Shocking Death (St. Martin's True Crime Library), Deadly Mistress: A True Story of Marriage, Betrayal and Murder (St. Martin's True Crime Library), The Officer's Wife: A True Story of Unspeakable Betrayal and Cold-Blooded Murder (St. Martin's True Crime Library), Darker than Night: The True Story of a Brutal Double Homicide and an 18-Year Long Quest for Justice (St. Martin's True Crime Library), is the author of the Edgar Award finalist, Written in Blood: A True Story of Murder and a Deadly 16-Year-Old Secret That Tore a Family Apart, . Michael Leslie Severance. She was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2006. Severanceand Davidson were planning a trip backeast to Maine in early 2005. How did the GameStop stock spike on Wall Street happen? It is hard to understand the killer's motivation as it doesn't seem she had an understandable motive to kill him after 5 months of marriage. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ Davidson was quickly taken into custody, but she refused to be interviewed and requested an attorney. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. They were due to arrive on Jan.16, 2005, butDavidson calledSeverances family and said hehad disappeared. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Learn more. So, if youre curious to find out what exactly happened in this case, weve got you covered. "I knew air made bodies float, so I decided to make holes in the body, vent holes, like, so that air could escape.". hitType: 'event', I want people to know what did and didn't happen.". "I think Mike's family are victims.". Davidson claimed that the pressure of family and his work was getting to him, including driving three hours round trip to Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, Texas. Despite claiming innocence, she was sentenced to 25 years in prison. "And he kept saying like, 'Those guys that go over to Canada, it would be so easy just to go to Canada.'". Great job Diane Fanning. After denying the charges for a year, she pleaded no contest to the charges in October 2006 and was sentenced 25 years to prison, but has continued to maintain her innocence. : eventAction: 'load' Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, By purchasing this title, you agree to Audible's, Update your device or payment method, cancel individual pre-orders or your subscription at. He seems close to them all. , Screen Reader Additional gift options are available when buying one eBook at a time. "I had to take these weights, and I'm trying to tie them onto this body, and of course it's the middle of the night, you know, can't hardly see," said Davidson, who said she stabbed the body because she was afraid it would float to the surface. She wassentenced to 25 years in prison, according to Texas CBS affiliateKBTX-TV. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. In 2019, Davidson was denied parole and is scheduled to be released from Gatesville Correctional Facility in 2031. Brandon Duran's Mother Looks Back on His Life. Click to reveal Main Content. When he was a few weeks old, his parents Wendi Mae Davidson and Michael Severance tied the knot at a Texas courthouse and eventually moved to an apartment behind Wendi's veterinary clinic. Michael grew up in Maine, and after high school, he joined the Air Force just like his father. hitType: 'event', Like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheSunUSand follow us from our main Twitter account at@TheSunUS, Daughter of murdered couple linked to Delphi case reveals paranoia, Serena Williams stepmom's debts continue to spiral amid crumbling home battle, 'Glaring error' left 'habitual liar' Alex Murdaugh 'boxed in' during trial, Alex Murdaugh jailed for life after disgraced lawyer guilty of murder, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Wendi Mae Davidson was accused of killing her husband in 2005, Wendi was sentenced to 25 years in prison but maintains her innocence. But his life back at home, in Texas, would prove a lot more dangerousIn the winter of 2005, Mike's wife, a veterinarian named Wendi Mae Davidson, reported him missing. Wendi Mae Davidson (as Ryan MacKenzie Eichwald) Jimmy Parker Leslie Severen (uncredited) Director Robert Ivkovic Writer Savannah Lucas (story editor) All cast & crew Production, box office & more at IMDbPro Storyline Edit The disappearance triggers a multi-agency investigation that exposes a darker side to southern hospitality. A break came in the case in February 2005. To hear more, watch Snapped now onOxygen.com. 2nd Impeachment Trial: What this could mean for Trump, Presidential transition of power: Examined, How Donald Trump spent his last days as president, How Joe Biden's inauguration will be different from previous years, Trump challenges the vote and takes legal action, 2020s DNC and RNC are different than any before, Power Trip: Those Who Seek Power and Those Who Chase Them, Leave No Trace: A Hidden History of the Boy Scouts, Keeper of the Ashes: The Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders, The Orphans of COVID: America's Hidden Toll, X / o n e r a t e d - The Murder of Malcolm X and 55 Years to Justice, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. "And he kept saying like, 'Those guys that go over to Canada, it would be so easy just to go to Canada.'". Texas News Wendi Mae Davidson (Texas Department of Corrections) More than 15 years after he was given animal tranquilizers and stabbed 41 times by his wife, the motive behind the gruesome murder of Texas Air Force Sergeant Michael Severance remains a mystery. As a practicing veterinarian for decades, the veterinary facts are exacting. He really loved kids, Franktold Snapped.. Their reasoning was that if Davidson was claiming Severance may be a deserter, then there would be a possibility she was helping him hide out. "He was all concerned about -- he didn't want to be deployed, because he was afraid that something bad was going to happen," Davidson told police in 2005, according to ABC. I mean I might have had crazy reasons in my head, but there's no excuse.". . }) Later, an autopsy determined that while the victim was stabbed 41 times, he also had a lethal amount of animal tranquilizers in his system. Additional gift options are available when buying one eBook at a time. , X-Ray Despite the shock, they were excited to have a child together, especiallySeverancewho was definitely excited to be adad, according to his brother. Copyright 2023 ABC News Internet Ventures. When Air Force Staff Sgt. In January 2005, Davidson reported her husband, Air Force Staff Sgt. However, at the time he went missing, Severance was on leave and an official OSI inquiry could not begin until after he was expected to be back on base. : In 2019, Davidson was denied parole and is scheduled to be released from Gatesville Correctional Facility in 2031. "My parents drove up, and me and my brother were telling them everything that happened, which was that I had found him dead and dumped his body in the pond.". His body was later found in a pond on a remote ranch about 20 miles outside of San Angelo, where the family had been living. Wendi Davidson was placed in prison for a very long time. Police in San Angelo contacted the Texas Rangers for investigative assistance,but neitherunitgenerated any significant leads. Severancegrew up in Lee, Maine, not far from the Canadian border. In September 2004, just a few weeks after the birth of their son, they tied the knot at a Texas courthouse. I'm a cop, you can't be telling me this,'" Davidson said. To the outside world, they were perceived to be a normal family until Severance went missing in 2005 and shocked the community. ga('create', 'UA-67136960-15', 'auto', 'ads'); : At the time of Michaels disappearance, Wendi resided with her husband and their son in San Angelo, Texas. Michael Severance was asmall-townboy who joined the United States Air Force to see the world. : eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), IN 2005, Air Force Staff Sgt. "He was all concerned about -- he didn't want to be deployed, because he was afraid that something bad was going to happen," Davidson told police in 2005. , St. Martin's True Crime; 1st edition (August 12, 2009), Publication date "I was busy, I was in the middle of trying to run this clinic I had just opened, taking care of two little babies. This book is terrible. Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2015. Two months later, Severance's body was found in a pond on a remote ranch about 20 miles outside of San Angelo, Texas, where the couple was living at the time. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Im not going tolieI didnt like him. How we can build a clean and renewable future. In the winter of 2005, Mike's wife, a veterinarian named Wendi Mae Davidson, reported him missing. WheninvestigatorsinterviewedJudy,she was frank about her opinion ofSeverance. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Watch Snapped highlight 'Wendi Mae Davidson' on NBC.com . 4 Wendi Mae Davidson is serving a 25-year sentence after pleading no contest to the death of her husband, Michael Severance Credit: ABC 4 After Davidson was charged, her defense team quickly filed a motion to suppress the evidence gained from the tracking device in her car -- claiming it was illegally obtained -- since, by law, officers need to get a court order to allow them to attach a tracker to a person's vehicle. A Poisoned Passion: A Young Mother, her War Hero Husband, and the Marriage that Ended in Murder (St. Martin's True Crime Library). After all, their son was only a few weeks old when they tied the knot at a Texas courthouse before moving into an apartment behind Wendis veterinary clinic in San Angelo. During surveillance, they saw that she had been visiting a remote ranch called Four Sevens Ranch, about 20 miles outside of San Angelo. While such an explanation seemed quite far-fetched, authorities even found animal tranquilizers in the victims system; a drug Wendi could have easily availed from her clinic. The newlyweds moved into an apartment in the back of a San Angelo veterinary clinic thatDavidsonhadrecentlypurchased. ET on ABC. Some not identified by source--the reader must surmise that Fanning got it somewhere. After the ruling on the tracker, Davidson took a plea deal and pleaded no contest to her husband's murder. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. eventAction: 'click_adunit' Michael Agerter's Mother Looks Back on His Life. However, at the time he went missing, Severance was on leave and an official OSI inquiry could not begin until after he was expected to be back on base.
Lois Smith Daughter, Walter Auto Sales Boiling Springs, Sc, Arizona State Employee Raises 2022, What Kind Of Hot Dogs Does Sam's Club Serve, Example Of Value Added Activities, Articles W